Sunday 30 March 2014

                                       

'Captain America' is ready to retire

 

The Marvel star, who leads the studio's "Captain America" movies and plays the patriotic superhero in the "Avengers" franchise, tells Variety magazine that he's looking forward to quitting acting altogether.

“I’ve known for a while I wanted to direct,” Evans says. “But (time) never really opens up. There’s another movie to do, there’s another acting job."
In order to make room for his behind-the-camera passion, Evans says that he won't be on screen at all unless he's contractually obligated to by Marvel.
"If I'm acting at all, it's going to be under a Marvel contract," Evans admits. "Or I'm going to be directing. I can't see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I'm contractually obligated to do."
For the time being, though, we still have Evans as our heroic Captain America, who'll next appear at the cineplex on April 4 in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." Perhaps influencing Evans' eagerness to move on to other ventures are the pressures he feels to master the role.
"It’s daunting at times, you know that people are expecting not just a good movie, but a good representation of who you are as a man," he said. "Playing a character is one thing, but being a person is another, and you can love a movie as much as you like, but if you don’t respect the human outside of the film, it’s a disappointment. So you try your best to live up to the expectation."
Off-screen, the 32-year-old acknowledges that he does fail to live up to everyone's expectations in one arena: his size.
“I cannot tell you how many times, you know on a daily basis, you might meet someone who says something, they're like 'Great to meet you,'" Evans recalled at a recent "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" premiere. "(And then they say),'You are a lot smaller than I thought you'd be.' I mean, I'm a constant disappointment."

No comments:

Post a Comment